In this episode, we sit down with Shiv Malik, Head of Growth at Streamr – a real-time data protocol for the decentralized web focused on data monetization and exchange. Shiv is the author of two books, the co-founder of the Intergenerational Foundation think tank, and a former investigative journalist for the Guardian. In his role with Streamr, he evangelizes about a new decentralized data economy and is completely psyched about bringing data unions to the world.
Streamr aims to replace centralized data brokers with an open source, decentralized peer-to-peer network for real-time data exchange by relying on cryptography instead of trust. It was started in reaction to the dominance of the Big Five tech giants, with the core belief that decentralized infrastructure can deliver a healthier distribution of money and power, as well as unlocking brand new use cases.
Shiv walks us through the origin story of Streamr, the components of their network and how different participants benefit from their token economic model.
- Shiv’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/shivmalik
- Streamr Website: https://streamr.network/
- Streamr Twitter: https://twitter.com/streamr
- Streamr Telegram: https://t.me/streamrdata
- Streamr Medium: https://medium.com/streamrblog
- Streamr Github: https://github.com/streamr-dev
- Swash Telegram: https://t.me/swashapp
- Swash Github: https://github.com/swashapp/swash.git
- Swash Twitter: https://twitter.com/swashapp